• Man loses wife in a game of poker: A Russian man offered his wife in exchange for more chips when he was cleaned out at the card table. He subsequently lost the chips as well as his wife when his opponent appeared at his house the next day to collect his winnings. Bizarrely, the wife fell in love with her new ‘owner’.
• Man gets breasts for $100,000: A Canadian man made a buxom $100,000 for getting breast implants and keeping them for a year. This came about after his friends, knowing that he did strange things for money, suggested the bet. He also once lived in his bathroom for a month for $15,000. Strangely, he still has the implants in – he never removed them.
• Natural disasters: There are several online betting sites at which you can wager on natural disasters and global warming. Wagers include whether Manhattan will be underwater by 2014.
• Taking lucky numbers a bit too far: A young man in High Wycombe who was turning 23 on the 23rd day of the month, celebrated his birthday by placing £23 on the number 23 in roulette at exactly 23 minutes past the 23rd hour. He walked away with more than £800.
• Middle Eastern Gamblers have been known to place large bets on the outcome of scorpion fights held in saucers.
• In 1735, a German novelist rode a horse backwards from London to Edinburgh for a considerable wager.
• Ferret Bingo: This game is played in some parts of England. Punters get to choose from which numbered drainpipe a ferret would escape from a barrel through.
• 59 year old dare-devil Evel Knievel bet his 37-year-old doctor $10,000 that he (Knievel) would outlive the much younger man. The bet was made in 1998 and Mr. Knievel lost the bet when he passed away in 2007.
You can make more intelligent bets at Platinum Play Online Casino.