Even if you haven’t played craps before, you’ve probably seen it featured several times in popular movies and TV series. Online craps is an exciting dice game that’s simple to learn, and thrilling to play. All you have to do is predict which numbers you think the dice will land on, and a huge pay-out could be yours! At Platinum Play, you can enjoy the exciting craps action no matter where you are, on either your PC or mobile device. The table games selection on offer is one that you will find hours of entertainment from.
How to play online craps
Playing and winning at craps is as simple as rolling a pair of dice and correctly predicting what numbers the dice will land on. You’ll make your bet on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of these pairs of dice. Quite uniquely, several different players can win on the same roll of the dice, with a designated ‘Shooter’ responsible for rolling the dice. While this casino game has a lot of luck involved, you’re more likely to win if you employ a smart betting strategy.
There are 2 phases in a craps game:
- Coming out phase
- Point phase
Coming out phase
In this phase, you’ll place your bets on the Pass Line, and try to roll either a 7 or an 11.
Should you instead roll either a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, that number will then become your “point” for the next phase.
During this phase, you need try replicate the number you rolled during the coming out phase, which was established as your point for this phase.
In other words, if you rolled either a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 during the coming out phase, you have try roll that number again.
During both of these phases, you’ll be able to place side bets that will ramp up your levels of anticipation and fun.
The Shooter must bet either on the Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line.
- A Pass Line bet is a prediction that the Shooter will roll a 7 or 11 dice
- A Don’t Pass bet is a prediction that the Shooter will produce a 2, 3 or 12 dice roll during the coming out phase
- The Don’t Come bet is a bet that the Shooter will roll either a 2 or 3
- A Come bet is a prediction that the Shooter will roll a 7 or 11
These are bets placed on 1 roll of the dice. Some of these bets are:
- 2 (also called Snake Eyes or Aces)
- 3 (also called Ace-Deuce)
- 12 (also called Boxcars, Midnight or Cornrows)
- 2 or 12 (also called Hi-low)
- Any Craps (a Three-way)
- Any Seven
These are bets spanning over a couple of rolls of the dice. Some of these bets include:
- Hard Way – a bet that the shooter will roll a 4, 6, 8 or 10 before they roll a 7 (with a pair of dice that has the same value).
- Easy Way – the same prediction, but the dice don’t have to have the same value.
- Place and Buy – You can place any bet until a 7 is rolled (you’ll get a payout until a 7 is rolled).
- Lay – The opposite of place and buy: you’re banking on a 7 being rolled before any other number.
- Big 6 and 8 – a bet that a 6 or 8 will be rolled before a 7.
Still have some questions about craps? Don’t hesitate to get in contact with our support staff by clicking here.