Baccarat has a certain air about it – glamour, sophistication, daring, and excitement. Perhaps it’s because it’s renowned as the casino game of choice of a certain James Bond – 007 himself. This card game is an established table games favourite at many casinos, having first appeared in 19th century France and has 3 possible results: the player wins, the banker wins or a tie. Together with Roulette, Blackjack and Craps, at Platinum Play, you can enjoy a range of Baccarat games that will keep you entertained and engaged in intense strategy for hours.
How to play baccarat
Baccarat is one of the more complex strategic casino games at the casino. The good news though is that baccarat is quite easy to learn how to play. Here are the online baccarat essentials:
The deck and values
- Baccarat is played with 8 standard decks consisting of 52 cards each.
- These cards each contain a certain value – the “royals” (King, Queen, Jack) and tens are valued at zero, Aces are valued at 1, and cards 2 to 9 are counted according to their face value (e.g., a 3 card is valued at 3).
Banker Versus Player
- There are 2 boxes when you play: The Player box and the Banker box.
- Before the cards are dealt, you’ll place your bets by predicting which of these hands will total 9 in value, or if these hands will tie in value.
- Both you and the Banker will be dealt 2 cards.
- •Should your first 2 hands amount to 6 or more in value, then those hands will stand.
- If these 2 hands amount to 5 or less in value, you’ll have to draw an extra card.
- If the banker’s first 2 cards amount to 2 or less in value, the banker will draw an extra card.
- If your predicted hand adds up to 9 in value (or is the closest in value to 9), then you’ll win!
Play Baccarat NOW>>